Supply Chain Stategy Management Consultant
Job ID GBS:0407064 Job type Full:time Regular
Work country USA Posted 22:Sep:2011
Work city : Any, Job area Consulting and services
Travel Up to 5 days a week (home on weekends:based on project requirements) Job category Consultant
Business unit ConServ Job role Business Transformation Consultant
Job role skillset Supply Chain Strategy
Supply chain management consultants routinely provide innovative business process design, systems integration, and application design and management services to help clients streamline their organizations.
This role will execute delivery leadership and business development support primarily to Public Sector clients in support of growth of IBMs Supply Chain Strategy offering. Proficiency in developing channel and client relationships, helping identify and close new business, developing thought leadership in supply chain management and helping build a strategy consulting practice is ideal. Delivery responsibilities will include providing advice and counsel to clients and oversight and accountability for delivery success and client satisfaction.
Specifically, the Management Consultant is responsible for execution of Supply Chain Management (SCM) process, organizational and technical activities. These activities include: compilation of business requirements, demonstration of vendor packages, process re:engineering and design work, and supply chain diagnostics, project management (in support of work products and client deliverables). The consultant will be involved in improving SCM operational metrics, business case development and performance measurement. Candidates should have hands:on SCM experience in project management situations. The Candidate needs to have demonstrated the ability to lead others, independent of management oversight, across project management, practice development, and business development.
Key performance measures for this position will be utilization, project/workstream management, business development support, solution development, and industry SME prowess.
* Bachelors Degree
* At least 4 years experience in strategy and solution delivery consulting experience in large scale commercial or public sector organization.
* At least 4 years experience in Project management on successful Supply Chain Strategy engagements.
* At least 1 year experience in Business development and strategy consulting sales to senior:level client management.
* At least 3 years experience in Operational metric improvements, business case development, and performance measurements.
* At least 4 years experience in MS Excel and Powerpoint Project skills.
* Readiness to travel Up to 5 days a week (home on weekends:based on project requirements)
* English: Fluent
* Masters Degree
* At least 8 years experience in strategy and solution delivery consulting experience in large scale commerci