- Position Type:
- 2 - 4
Non Profit Housing Office Director
To Apply: Please email your resume to Pamela Kieffer at email@example.com.
Location: kansas City MO
Benefits: Aetna Medical, United Dental, Vision & Other Benefits Included
Join the management team of a HUD-certified national housing counseling agency that serves low- and moderate- income families. We are dedicated to encouraging community reinvestment in low income communities, to helping families purchase their first homes, to rescuing families from foreclosures, to protecting hundreds of families from predatory lenders.
Primary responsibilities of the District Office Director will be to :
- Provide senior level management and leadership to the Organization’s district office, administrate the district office’s personnel and resources; communicate and promote the mission of the Organization to the public at large and clearly interpret organizational objectives, policy and procedure to staff.
- Plan, provide and oversee ongoing training aimed at developing and increasing the skill level of loan counselors in the office to successfully serve homebuyers and work with the regional and national offices to develop ongoing training for staff on emerging issues such as predatory lending, foreclosure counseling, home equity lending.
- Evaluate office operations & report on district office activities. Monitor and maintain the quality counseling standards set for the district office including management of client files, timely completion of all required reports and reviews of client files. Take responsibility for the accurate completion by the entire local staff of all HUD and other program reports for the office.
- Serve as the Organization’s chief spokesperson within the district; host, moderate and facilitate events for the purpose of planning and partnership development ; recognition, training and education; and resource development.
- Supervise housing counseling staff.
- Monitor production, classes and quality counseling in the Homeownership Program.
- Implement a marketing/outreach plan to attract low-income individuals trying to buy homes or protect their homes from predatory lenders; and to identify potential new lenders. Plan, promote and participate in outreach events, including bank fairs, real estate agent events and homebuyer shows.
- Represent the Organization in relations with government officials, lending partners, real estate agents, community organizations, and the public.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university
- Three – five years management experience, preferably with some experience in a social service area
- Familiarity with mortgage lending, underwriting policies, loan closing procedures helpful
- Industry experience in Banking, Mortgage, Real Estate, Loan Service, Collections, preferred.
- Paid or volunteer experience with non-profit community-based organizations is highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, both oral and written; ability to foster trust, credibility and cohesive teamwork among persons with diverse talents, backgrounds and perspectives.
- Bilingual English/Spanish Fluency preferred. Fluency in any language in addition to English a plus.
- Traveling locally or in the region – 25%. Hours are 9-6 – 45 hour work week. One evening and one Saturday a month within that 45 hours.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women and minorities to apply.